I will say this about the handsfree phone – MINI did an amazing job with the noise canceling. My wife was on the highway, top down, windows up, windscreen in place, and I could hear her just fine. Sounded like a little running water in the background, but that was it. Super impressed by that capability.
Here’s my list of mods for the new Roadster, in general priority order:
- Invisishield on the nose (done)
- MINI license plate frames (done)
- CravenSpeed Platypus front plate mount (done)
- Short antenna (done) (MINI version but might have done CravenSpeed if I’d though about it more)
- ScanGuage (done)
- CravenSpeed mounts for GPS and ScanGuage (enroute)
- Suspension, discussed ad nauseum in other threads. Summary: JCW Suspension if I can wait, Koni FSD, 19mm rear sway, and perhaps camber plates and control arm bushings if I cannot.
- JCW Tune (not something you need of course!)
Items above have 95% probability, below are pure wishlist
- JCW Aero kit side skirts
- JCW Brakes
I had the strut brace on my JCW and did like the look for sure, although I didn’t drive the car such that I really noticed it. That might happen too in a moment of weakness.